Yes, a new cookie twist on Banana Bread! These cookies are as light and moist as any Banana Bread, but as fun to eat as a Cookie. The low sugar and butter content make these a little more "healthy" and a little more "guilt-free" to eat than other similar recipes. Banana Lovers this one is for you!
Prep Time: 10 mins. prep / 11-14 mins bake time per batch / 2 inch diameter of dough-batter, yields about 2 dozen cookies
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light butter, softened
1 3/4 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
2 large egg whites
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Optional: 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or 1 cup chopped walnuts.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine sugar and butter in a bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites, beat until well blended.
2) Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until blended.
3) If using chips and nuts, stir in 1/2 cup of each into batter and save the rest for sprinkling on top. This part you can make as full as chips and nuts as you want, if you prefer more than the above mentioned amount.
4) Spoon dough-batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The dough is more like pancake batter so you will make a saucer size circle about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter, spacing your cookies two inches apart.
QUICK TIP: This dough-batter is similar to pancake batter. Therefore, using two tablespoons (one to scoop out the dough-batter and the other to guide and shape the dough-batter into a circle onto the pan) create circles two inches apart from one another. The spoons will help you to shape the circumference of your circle once on the pan, if shaping is needed.
5) Use remaining chips and walnuts by gently placing them on top of each cookie.
6) Bake 11-14 mins, until the edges are firm and until the cookie is firm with a little bit of a spongy feeling when pressed. Baking time depends on how brown and baked you want your Banana Bread Cookies to be.
Please read OVEN TIP below.
OVEN TIP: First test bake a cookie or two in your oven to check the results of your oven temperature and baking time...you can always reduce or increase the baking time to achieve the results that you want.
7) Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes and then move to wire rack to continue to cool completely. ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts: 1 Cookie
Calories 98 (calories 14% from fat). Fat 2.2g (Saturated 1.4g); Cholesterol 7mg; Sodium 180mg; Carbohydrate 30.2g; (Dietary Fiber 1.1g); Protein 2.5g; Iron 0.8mg; Calcium 1.3mg