Yes! We just had to for Halloween!
A fun NO-BAKE treat that is easy to make and BIG on the "WOW!" factor! These cute Franken"Krispies" are guaranteed to please all ages for a festive Halloween time!
See below. You'll see how easy these are to make for a Halloween dessert.
Prep Time: 20 mins. prep / 13" x 9" x 2" pan / yields 12 squares
FOLLOW THE BACK OF THE KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES BOX:
3 Tablespoons of Butter
Marshmallows: 1 x 10 oz package of Large Marshmallows or 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispies
8-10 Drops of Green Food Coloring
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES BOX (Steps 1-6 and Steps 7-10 for Decorating):
1) Pre-grease your 9x13 baking dish to be ready.
2) In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
3) Add the Marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted.
4) Mix in well the 8-10 Green Food Coloring Drops.
5) Add the Kellogg's Rice Krispies and stir well to coat.
NOTE: The mixture will be thick and hard to stir but continue to mix well so that the green marshmallow evenly coats the cereal.
6) Press the Rice Krispies mixture, while warm, into your prepared pan.
NOTE: Use wax paper to press down the mixture into your pan and even out the top. Wax paper helps from the marshmallow sticking to your hand or utensils. A greased spatula can also work for evening out the top and pressing the mixture into place.
7) Let stand for 10 mins. The mixture hardens quickly. Then cut evenly into 12 squares.
8) In a small microwavable-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips with the vegetable oil and mix until all the chips are coated with the oil Microwave for 1 minute and then 30 seconds at a time after until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
NOTE: Do not overheat or mix with water, this will cause the chocolate to be chunky and no longer mix smoothly.
9) Dip the top inch of each square into the melted chocolate and place them on a greased cooking rack or another non-stick surface. The chocolate will take a while to cool (can be placed in the refrigerator to speed up the firming of the chocolate). However, while the chocolate is setting you can begin to decorate your Franken"krispies"! Have fun!
10) Use your black (or whatever color you prefer) icing to make small dots and set in your eyes. You can use a toothpick to create mouths and eyebrows! Have fun and use your own imagination to create any fun Franken"FACE" that pleases you!:)
AND, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!:)